At least three people dead, 12 people injured in California Shooting.
According to the Emergency officials at least 12 people are injured so far and three dead.
According to the reports which are still coming from the scene. The Gunman was shot down by the Police officers within minutes on Sunday evening. The Gilray Garlic Festival is a traditional festival which lasts for three days every year in the state of California.
According to the Police
“We have no idea of a motive,”
Police has already recovered a rifle at the scene. The Gunman is still unidentified he cut through a fence to evade metal detectors according to the reports. There is one footage gone viral on social media showing that attendees of festival are shouting and scattering in fear and confusion. The voices and shouting can be hear one woman is almost crying by saying.
“What’s going on?” a woman can be heard asking on one video. “Who’d shoot up a garlic festival?”
According to one witness on the scene
“We were just leaving and we saw a guy with a bandana wrapped around his leg because he got shot,” Reyes told the newspaper. “There was a little kid hurt on the ground. People were throwing tables and cutting fences to get out.”
The event of Gilroy Garlic was founded in 1979 by volunteers and held outdoors a Christmas hill park..
“I want to express my extreme shock and sadness about what’s happened today,” said Gilroy Mayor Roland Velasco at a late night press conference. A police officer stands guard at Gilroy High School after a deadly shooting at the nearby garlic festival Sunday.
What we know:
- Where: The shooting struck the garlic festival in Gilroy, about 30 miles from San Jose, a beloved annual event in a community known for its garlic production.
- The suspect: Investigators have now identified the suspect, who was shot and killed by police, a law enforcement source said Monday morning. Authorities say the crime scene is still active and they are investigating the possibility of a second suspect.
- victims: At least three people are dead and 11 more have been injured, including a 6-year-old boy, officials say. Those injured in the incident are being treated at St. Louise Regional Hospital, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Stanford Hospital.
- What’s next: Police say the ongoing investigation will continue throughout the night, and there will be another press conference in the morning. Meanwhile, they are urging the public to phone in tips or relevant information at (408) 846 0583.
What we don’t know:
- Motive: The suspected shooter’s identity has not been released publicly by authorities, nor has his motive been determined.
- Who are the other victims? Stephen Romero, the 6-year-old “loving boy” killed in the shooting, is the only victim who has so far been identified by local authorities. Two other festivalgoers killed in the shooting have yet to be named. Limited details have been circulated about others injured in the shooting, who remain in hospital.